Socrates said it's a shame to grow old without seeing what manner of man we may become when we develop our mind and body to their limits.
I live by this Ancient Greek wisdom. Education and physical training are the pillars of my life. I tried to ignore it and follow a more traditional career path as a business consultant and data analyst. It wasn't for me. The best decision of my life was trading my company car to follow my passion in fitness.
I now help serious strength trainees get the most out of their physique with scientific fitness education. I'm an online physique coach, scientific researcher and international public speaker.
In what little time I don't spend working or educating myself, I slow-travel the world with my digital nomad girlfriend in search of the planet's most beautiful nature and tastiest sushi.
- Board member of the Institute of Nutrition and Fitness Sciences (INFS), India, and FitZonderFabels, the Netherlands.
- Advisory board member of Legion Athletics, USA.
- Founder of the Henselmans Personal Training Certification Program (PT Course), also available in Dutch, Spanish and French.
- Featured author in Men's Health, IronMind, T-Nation, AARR and many more publications. Menno’s work has been translated into Dutch, Norwegian, Spanish, Polish, Turkish, Italian, Chinese, Bulgarian, Portugese and German.
- Experienced physique coach, including several pro card winning clients and international prize winners in physique sports and powerlifting.
- BSc magna cum laude from the international honor’s college UCU.
- MSc with distinction from the University of Warwick.
- MPA Award winning model & WBFF Fitness Model Competitor.
- Ranked #1 Fitness Website in the Huffington Post.
- International public speaker for i.a. the Oxford and Cambridge Alumni Association, BodyPower and the Norwegian Academy for Personal Training (AFPT).
- Published scientific author in Sports Medicine, the highest impact factor journal in exercise science, and peer-reviewer for the Journal of Human Kinetics.